When thinking about creating a public art mural, especially if it is to include community paint days, consider what it takes to be prepared. In addition to around 30 gallons of paint, rollers trays, brushes, rags, buckets, water, drop cloths, ladders, brooms, hoses, garbage bags, designs, permits and experience, ask about:
- T-shirts, aprons, hats, change of shoes for volunteers that didn’t dress for painting regardless of what the post suggested.
- generator, power cords, lights
- leaf blowers, edge trimmers
- activities for the young ones
- hand cleaner, band-aids and snacks
- location signs
- safety markers
…or you can consider what Arts Alive Chicago brings to every job.